Deepen the fundamental skills for efficient freestyle swimming with the Total Immersion method and improve your swimming forever!
Tuition: 155 €
New dates are in planning
Duration: 4 hours
Note: This workshop will be taught in English and German
Who should take this workshop?
- Swimmers who have completed a level 1 workshop or equivalent in private lessons
- TI swimmers who don’t feel ready for level 2 and want to deepen level 1 skills to make sure they got everything correct
What happens in an Effortless Endurance workshop?
This workshop includes:
- some classroom time to learn about the principles of swimming and ask questions
- 2 hours of pool time
- Video analysis and play back
- try some level 2 skills if possible
What will you learn?
Repeat the three foundation skills of effortless swimming:
Balance and stability
Become ‚weightless‘ by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control, and the mental focus necessary to learn every skill that follows.
Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; learn to swim using techniques that minimise waves and turbulence. Sleek and slippery swimming means that you travel further and more easily on each stroke.
Whole body propulsion
Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight-shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct available forces of body mass and gravity.
We will check your skills and movements in the water so far and will correct them if neccessay. This way you will get new focal points to continue your training.
If possible we will also have a short look at some level 2 skills as an add on for participants who want this.
What will you take away?
- The tools to work on a transformed freestyle stroke that will let you swim from a mile to a marathon . . . and feel energized afterward
- The knowledge and awareness to begin a path of continuous improvement (we call it Kaizen)
You’ll enjoy swimming as never before!
The more you enjoy it, the more you’ll practice and the more you’ll improve!