Effortless Endurance Freestyle
Learn the fundamental skills for efficient freestyle swimming with Total Immersion method and in only one day improve your swimming forever!
Location: Hallenbad Stuttgart-Kemnat
Tuition: 275 €
Participants: max. 12 swimmers
14. October 2018 – places available
25. November 2018 – places available
Duration: 9am – 7pm
Coaches: TI Mastercoach Marjon Huibers (NL) and TI Coach Sabine Vollmer (GER) and further Coaches
Note: This workshop will be taught in German and English!
Who should take this workshop?
- Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who are losing motivation
- New swimmers (able to swim at least 50 metres) who want to develop great habits
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
- Triathletes looking to improve swim times and use less energy
- Open water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 50 meters or more in freestyle, or who have studied TI skills previously via DVD. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and video analysis.
What happens in an Effortless Endurance workshop?
This workshop includes:
- some classroom time to learn about the principles of swimming and ask questions
- 4 hours of pool time
- Video analysis and play back
- Lunch, soft drinks, coffee and light snacks in the afternoon
- A free copy of the Sneaky Speed E-book
The Swimmer to Coach ratio will be a maximum of 5:1, allowing individualised instruction and feedback throughout the day.
What will you learn?
The three foundation skills of effortless swimming:
Balance and stability
Become ‚weightless‘ by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control, and the mental focus necessary to learn every skill that follows.
Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; learn to swim using techniques that minimise waves and turbulence. Sleek and slippery swimming means that you travel further and more easily on each stroke.
Whole body propulsion
Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight-shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct available forces of body mass and gravity.
What will you take away?
- The tools to work on a transformed freestyle stroke that will let you swim from a mile to a marathon . . . and feel energized afterward
- The knowledge and awareness to begin a path of continuous improvement (we call it Kaizen)
You’ll enjoy swimming as never before!
The more you enjoy it, the more you’ll practice and the more you’ll improve!